February 12, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me ........and Abe!!


For all the advances in medicine, there is still no cure for the common birthday. - John Glenn



Wow, 365 days from now and I will be a half a century old. Can't think of anything more to say than wow. Wow.

Normally I don't like to draw attention to myself on my birthday. I feel that Lincoln far more deserves the recognition than me. I have always felt a very close kinship to Abe. We are both honest. We were both born on Feb 12. We both were born in Kentucky. We both moved to Illinois. However, the similarities end there, I am not tall and thin with a beard and I used paper and pencils in school, not chunks of coal on a shovel.

So as I pondered over my last year being 40 something, I made a list of things I want to do before I turn 50 and wanted to share them so that maybe I will be more inclined to accomplish them. I was going to try to be all cute and say these are the 49 things I want to do before I turn 50, but I have only got a year left to do them all and I'm just too tired to do 49 things!!

So anyway here is my Birthday Wish List for my 49th Birthday. There is nothing on here even close to the emancipation of an entire race of people, but then again, I'm not Abe Lincoln:

1. Loose weight.
2. Completely pay off my credit card.
3. Build a water fall in the back yard.
4. Meet at least one new person a week.
5. Take a photography class.
6. Eliminate or at least drastically reduce red meat from my diet.
7. Memorize 25 scripture verses.
8. Go to Alaska
9. Organize my photographs.
10. Increase my vocabulary.

That's ten things to work on over the next year. Those should keep me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment