August 30, 2009

Me and My Sista Peeps Take A Road Trip!

Oh we had us some fun this weekend!!

We even got a FREE steak dinner!! It was "Friends and Family" night at the Longhorn Steakhouse and because we are friends with Jorge the busboy, we were invited. Everything on the menu was free PLUS we got two free desserts! I would like to give a shout out to some very special waitresses...."Hey Alisha! Great Job! Great Back-Up Mara!"



Anyway, a couple car loads of my favorite girlfriends piled in and headed up nort cross the border to Green Bay, WI to see Beth Moore at the Living Proof Live Event. And we were NOT disappointed.


My man T.C. (Travis Cottrell for those of you who are not close and personal friends with him ;0)) was on top of his game in leading us in worship. Wow! That just about explains it. He can take you to the throne of heaven in no time.

Do it Lord! Do it Lord!


Then my BFF, Beth, brought a word from Psalm 37. She got all up in our business about the desires of our hearts and delighting in the Lord. The next time I am tempted to get irritated that I am not getting the "desire of my heart" I will remember Caaaaaaaaaakkee. I will remember that God is after the heart of my desire. The thing that is my destiny. The thing that will bring Him the most glory and sometimes the desire of my heart is not the way to go.

Beth put on a Green Bay Packer Jersey, but we still received her message knowing that our God can and will forgive even the dirtiest sinners!!


I am so blessed to share this with Christian friends and family. I missed those who couldn't make this weekend and look forward to when we all can go again. (Lexington '10!)

Here a few snapshots of the posse.

From left to right: Andrea, Sally, Mom, Brenda, Me, Tricia, Cindy and Pat


Tricia and Mom during Praise and Worship.



Sally, Cindy, Andrea and Brenda during Praise and Worship
Brenda doesn't have her arms crossed cause she's mad...she was cold! For some strange reason the temperature dropped down into the 60's in August and Bab's did not come prepared.
It was a bit chilly!




This is a video of the wave that was going around the room while we waited for the 2nd session to start. Watch the lower left hand corner and you will see us as the camera follows the wave.


">






Here we are on our way home having a little ice cream snack at the World's Largest Culver's.
Yes, you heard me correctly. The World's Largest Culver's is just minutes from my house!




Yes, Baby Emerson, you can go with Grandma next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment