April 04, 2010

So Much To Talk About ....

The Kentucky Wildcats lost in the Elite Eight. I was so mad I could've cussed. Some say I might have, but don't believe it. I was mad enough to though.

Spent last weekend with my girls in Nashville. What a busy, busy weekend.

I got there on Thursday and we met up with my Sister-in-law and niece and had a yummy dinner at Mafiaoza's. Loved the fried ravioli.

Friday we spent a leisurely day in downtown Franklin. Ate at Pucketts and had my favorite meal of the entire trip, a fried bologna sandwich. Oh my word. It was a thick cut of bologna, so I wasn't sure if I would like it. I usually like my FBS thin slice of bologna slit in four places and fried up crispy. But this was bologna-icious.I bought the cutest little scarf to tie on my purse. I am so glad I got it early in the trip because I think every where we went people noticed me and thought I must be a famous country singer or something because having a purse with a cute little scarf tied on to it is so trendy.

We then yearned for something educational. So we jumped into Steph's Patriot Missile and landed smack dab in the middle of the Civil War. We gazed upon the Carnton Plantation. (We weren't going to pay the $10 a head to actually through it.) We learned that the Battle of Franklin had swept right through the very spot we were standing and many a confederate soldier died on the veranda of which we were observing. John and Carrie McGavock buried those soldiers right there on their land. As we strolled through the final resting place of these soldiers, Steph got a call on her Blackberry.....but no one was on the other line. Coincidence? I don't think so. I think it was an attempt from someone on the other side asking her to please get off his headstone.

We piled back into the Patriot and visited a war memorial and then back to Steph's place to think about all we had seen.....and to admired my scarf embellished purse.

Elizabeth showed up just in the nick of time to join us for yet another meal. We feasted on steak at JAlexanders. We were going to need all the nourishment we could get for the night that lay ahead of us. With our belly's full, we bolted for the dark side of Nashville to a little karaoke place called Wanna Be's. Oh if those walls could talk. I'm not going to say too much except....I Go Out Walking..After Midnight..Out In The Moonlight. I am so sorry Patsy....so very, very sorry. It was a wild and crazy night I tell you. I didn't get to bed until TWELVE THIRTY.

Saturday was to be a 100 proof kind of day! The Patriot Missile took us straight to Lynchburg, TN and the Jack Daniels Distillery. If people knew how much work goes into making that stuff they would drink it with a little more respect and not guzzle it down like it was water! Did you know that Lynchburg is a dry county. They can make it there, but never a drop is to be tasted.

In the words of Elizabeth, we were all Jacked up and now it was time to wine down. We stopped by a vineyard on the way home to enjoy some of Nashville's famous Calypso music in the vineyard.

Now, it is about an hour to Lynchburg and and hour back so we kept ourselves entertained on the road by getting to know....da turdle man.

By then it was time to eat again. Who cares none of us were a bit hungry, but the clock said it was time to eat and ate we did. After a filling dinner of Mexican we were all wore out from our whirl wind tour of middle Tennessee so we called it a night. Hugs and kisses to Brenda and Andrea as they were leaving first thing in the morning.

Sunday morning we met Steph's room mate and her Mother for a delightful lunch at The Brick Cafe'. Good food and good friends. Elizabeth had to get back home so that left Steph and myself to fill a Sunday afternoon until it was time for me to catch my flight home.

I got home around 10:30 Sunday evening and now a week later I think I have finally caught up on my sleep.

But my scarf is still tied to my purse and looks marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment