April 25, 2010

A Word From Your Long Lost Friend

So I would love to say that I haven't posted anything because I have been busy traveling the world on an adventure of a life time. But that wouldn't be true.

It wouldn't be true either if I said that I have been absent due to a tremendous project I have been diligently working to complete. You know, something like organizing 32 years of photos. I started that back in the fall, had to take them off the dining room table for
Thanksgiving and they haven't moved out of the closet since.

Another falsehood would be to say that I have been wrapped up in a ministry to the poor and needy and have not had time for the frivolity of the blog. I wish that were true, but it's not.

Nope....I have just been pooped...lazy...or uninspired.

Sorry.

I have thought of so many humorous tidbits to share, but by the time I get home and sit down, I just don't have the energy to type it. Sad isn't it?

I wanted to tell you about how I was flashed by a cop on my way to work. I suppose I could just give you the quick version. I was driving to work on the new three lane interstate and as on any normal day there was a car in the left lane and the car in the middle lane and a car in the right lane all going the same speed. Silly me didn't know that was why the third lane was added so that now we can have traffic backed up on three lanes instead of two because three people choose to drive the exact same speed. Well on this particular morning the driver in the left lane was one of Illinois' finest. I was able to stare a hole in the back of the middle lane's driver's head and scared him enough to speed up and move over to the right lane. As I made my move to break the bottle neck the car in the left speeds up to my speed. I slow down...he slows down. I speed up...he speeds up and then....then he has the nerve to speed up just enough to get just far enough ahead and flash his cherry and berry lights. (I hope your mind wasn't wondering else where with a different kind of "flashing") I had to drive the stinking speed limit the rest of the way.

Anyway, please accept my apologies. And stick with me. I hope to find a little more energy and inspiration soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment