July 08, 2009

Summer Vacation Part One

I am tired.

Since May 15th my life has been a whirlwind of events that just melt a women's heart.

  • I marched through the graduation of my youngest daughter with pride and a smile.
  • I endured 30 hours with only a few stolen moments of sleep to welcome my grandson into my life with pride and thankfulness
  • I observed the 5th anniversary of my Daddy's passing with sadness and tears.
  • I watched with happiness and gratefulness as my Mother married her friend and began a new chapter of her life at 70 years old.

I am overwhelmed.

How do you wrap your heart and mind around any of these? How do you internalize the significance of each blessing as they happen within weeks of each other? How do you accept the changes that each one brings to life as I have known it?

I am blessed.

I know that God's timing is perfect. He knew exactly when each event needed to happen and orchestrated lives and situations to meet his perfect will. He knows how much my little heart can bear and how I will relish each precious moment in my mind for the rest of my life.

I am thankful.

  • I count it great joy to be able to share in my little girls future.
  • I understand what a miracle it is to have a happy, healthy baby join my life and our family.
  • I trust that those gone before us are rejoicing with the angels.
  • I am thankful that God cares for us when we are lonely.

I am at peace.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment