July 18, 2009

Nairy a Hairy Leg

So since it is the middle of summer we have been wearing shorts or capris for a few months now. Are we all tired of shaving our legs yet?

I am. Shaving my legs brings back so many repressed memories.

Who out there has never had a near death shaving experience?

The hair on my legs was so long and thick that my mom often would assume that it would keep my lower extremities warm enough that she wouldn't bother to buy me tights to wear under my dresses. Of course, as I grew older and wiser I figured out that not every girl in the fifth grade had dark brown, fur covered legs and it was because they shaved them.

So the beginning of an era soon ensued. I began shaving/nicking/severely slicing my legs with my dad's straight edge razor. Oh how I rejoiced when Schick introduced the safety razor!!! My legs now were smooth and scab free and tetanus was no longer a threat. Before long I even started buying my own razor!! Yes, I loved the Lady Schick.

Let me ask you....has any of you ever received an Epilady as a Christmas gift? I did. It was one of those memorable gifts that my husband thought I would really like.

For those who have never experienced the Epilady, it is a coil that vibrates and pulls the hair from your leg at the root. As I understand they have been pulled from the market until the investigation of them being used as torture devices at Guantanamo Bay can be completed.

You can't tell me that if this was coming at your sensitive legs and underarms you wouldn't start singing like a bird!

That gift was quickly returned and never spoke of again.

Yes, shaving your legs can be dangerous to your health. You especially have to be very careful while playing with a razor in the bathtub. As I understand it, if you drop the razor while stirring the water in your play tea cup it, will bounce up and cut your shin about an inch long. Just ask one of my daughters. It happened to her.

So as I close, let me just say to all my leg shaving sisters....Keep it smooth, keep it soft and keep it safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment