June 11, 2009

Hair Today....Gone Tomorrow

I have been studying about the economy lately. I have come to conclusion that it's downturn is directly linked to the lack of hair products we use today. Yes, that's right, I believe that back in the late '80's early 90's there was enough wealth and prosperity to go around and even extra to send over to the balding people of foreign countries. And how did we wear our hair then? Just like the Cantwell siblings did. Full of chemically processed curls and hairspray.


For real, today's hair styles are flat. No one ever uses a "curling" iron anymore. No, we all use "flat" irons. I believe that the Dow Jones index reacts to how much hair-spray and perm's we as a nation consume. GM and Chrysler will come out of this thing just fine, but who is going to help the Suave's and the White Rain's of this great country? It's up to us folks. It's entirely up to us. If we don't get behind the companies that kept our coif's fluffed, fried and fixated they too will start migrating overseas and then where will we be? Limp and lifeless, that's where. I have lived that way before friends and it is not a pretty sight.

Just take a look at these pictures from back in the day when we proudly raised our bangs for Uncle Sam.

Now do you believe me? I thought so. So people, for the love of God and America, go out TODAY and get yourself a perm, some heavy duty hair spray and mousse it up for the old red white and blue.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Aunt Deidria for sharing all those lovely pictures! Really brings me back to the VaVaVoom days. My mom always had a large can available in the bathroom closet.
    Love, Andrea

    ReplyDelete