June 25, 2009

Here Comes the Bride

I had planned on writing this post on Monday, but just didn't feel it appropriate. How can we celebrate and rejoice in another's happiness while the world mourns. I, myself, considered calling to work Tuesday just so I could work through my hurts and disappointment. I am of course talking about the devastating break up of.......







So do you think that Jon just couldn't take Kate's hairstyle any longer?

I had a friend in 7th grade once. She had a nasty cowlick right in the crown of her head. Of course, kids being kids, teased her mercilessly. So, she thought she could tame that nasty cowlick and took scissors to it. Cut it right off, even with her scalp. The end product was exactly what Kate Gosselin, or TLC, pays good money for. Of course, she (my friend, not Kate) only got teased even more. Poor Debbie Maybe, that was her name, she was just a few years before her time I guess.

But honestly. Did they really think that they could live their lives as television fodder and not suffer any consequence? I hate that the pursuit of fame, fortune and ego destroyed a marriage, but I am even more concerned about 8 little kids who know of no other life other than always being the center of media attention and living a "reality" life that is no where near reality. Let's just hope somebody takes a stand for them and soon.

Any way now that I have that off my chest.......




Saturday June 20, 2009, was a special day.

Lanita J Smith married Charles M Brown.



The ceremony.



The happy couple


Charlie and Lanita plus 14.
Sounds like a future reality show to me!



The best part of weddings.....CAKE!



And just for good measure, here is a picture of the cutest baby in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment