September 20, 2009

I Go Out Walking.....After Midnight (Not really)

So this post was going to be about the fun time we had when we babysat ECLC this weekend. But, #1 I forgot to take my camera and #2 as soon as we got there he went to bed. Yeah, went to bed and slept the rest of the night. What's up with that? We did have fun though. He was alert and chipper the next morning and it is always nice to visit with Chris and Kelly.

Since there are a lack of Emerson pictures, I thought I would take you all on a walk with me. I read about this on another blog where every 100 steps you take you are to stop a take a picture of something.

I am not going to torture you with some of the ridiculously boring things I took pictures of. And to be quite honest, I was hoping none of the neighbors were watching and wondering why in the world was I taking pictures of their trash cans and garage doors. I will just share the highlights.

Got your tennies on? Here we go then!



I sure hope this walks gets more interesting than
the first 100 steps.


A green cone on a driveway. Who needs a green cone
on their driveway? Apparently one of my neighbors.
And where do you get a green cone anyway?


Nice mailbox landscape. Not HGTV standards, but nice.


You know it is fall when the harvest decorations come out.


A view of the river just down from our house.


Look really hard....it's a chipmunk.




There were at least eight squirrels in this yard.

When I got closer they all ran up the trees.
Look how bushy their tails are.
That means a long, cold winter ahead.

A summers worth of grass clippings.


100 steps and this is the best I could come up with.


Ok, this was just 89 steps, but I wanted to show you the
difference in color on the pavement. The lighter part is under the tree.
The darker part is not under the tree and is wet. Wet with RAIN.
The rain that I was walking in.
The rain that I was walking in counting every 100 steps.
The rain that I was walking in, counting every 100 steps and taking pictures in.


A gate that goes no where.


A moment of silence please for a fallen comrade.
It won't matter to this guy how cold the winter gets.

100 steps later, this is what I see.

And these are all the people that just got a
good look at my be-hind while I bent over
and tied my shoe.


100 steps to home.


Thanks for walking with me. It's always more fun when there are friends walking with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment