October 07, 2009

Weighing In With Some Good News!

I know that all of you have probably lost sleep wondering "How much will Dee lose this week?"
Well, my dear insomniac friends, toss and turn no more. As of this morning, I am down an additional 1.4 pounds. This brings me to a grand total of 7.8. I of course would like this to go a little faster, but I like to think of it this way.... it's always gonna be an uphill battle. Sometimes I'm going to have to lose. It doesn't matter how fast I get there, it's the climb. Yes my friends, it's the climb.

In my quest to loose the extra poundage, I have been in search of some things that will help curb those times I just need a bite to get me through. Since the Bacon/Egg/Cheese Biscuits from McDonalds, the Lofthouse Cookies, and all the other goodies were adding pounds I had to locate some alternative snacks. Here are a few that have helped me over the last month:



I think this was ingenious, I make my own Bacon/Egg/Cheese Biscuits. On Sunday I will scramble the entire carton of egg beaters, fry up about 1/2 of this package of turkey bacon and then divide it among about 5 little plastic containers with 1 1/2 piece of bacon in each container. Then when I get to work, I toast my English Muffin, microwave the container of egg & the bacon, and then assemble it with a slice of no fat American cheese. Easy-peasy! And really it tastes pretty good. This week I got crazy and found some turkey sausge patties to try.




These yogurt parfaits are yummy. I especially like the lemon one. They come in several different flavors like Chocolate/Raspberry and some kind of Carmel something or another. They are 100 calories which is perfect for a snack and taste like dessert.



Two of these Wheat Thins, one triangle of Laughing Cow cheese, a cup of grapes and a can of tomato juice and there you have the perfect afternoon snack. The Wheat Thins really don't taste much different than the little ones, but just because they are bigger it fakes you out and you think you are eating more. It's all a mind game, that's all weight loss is, just messing with the mind.



I LOOOVVVEEEE Red Velvet Cake. Now these Weight Watcher one point bars will never push a real RVC off the buffet table, but it will fulfill the need for a bite of something sweet. They really do have that red, kind of velvety, cream cheesy taste to them. The down side to these are they are very small. You have to nibble them to feel as if you have actually had something. No need to wear the stretchy pants to eat one, but they hit the spot when you are hungry for a sweet.



Love this. Smartfood Popcorn Clusters. So far I have tried the Cranberry Almond and the Honey Clusters. Both are good. Small servings, so eat slow and they are just enough. Not enough to get you through Gone With the Wind, but enough to get you through 1/2 of a show of Toddlers and Tiaras.

Let me know if you have any other goodies that would help fill in some snack gaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment