March 15, 2009

It's A Sad Sad Day in March

Normally I get quite excited about this very special day known as "Selection Sunday." It is the day that college basketball fans live for.

It is the day that for the last 17 years the dynasty known as the Kentucky Wildcats has been seeded somewhere in the field of 65 best college basketball teams in America. Today, however, it is with gut wrenching grief I must report that the once feared, once respected, Kentucky Wildcats will not be dancing this year. Oh how it hurts to say that. Please give me a moment to compose my sobbing self.

What makes this day even more humiliating is that the Minnesota Gophers will be dancing...the Minnesota Gophers that the former UK coach Tubby Smith coaches. But that is not the worst of it, if only it was, no the worst part is the Louisville Cardinals are seeded #1. I must mention for you novice college basketball fans that the Cards are coached by the former UK coach Rick Pitino. I think Rick Pitino is the Anti-Christ. Maybe that is a little harsh, I apologize, ....but if he isn't the Anti-Christ he is at least the well groomed spawn of Satan.

So, if you run into me in the mall somewhere and I blankly stare at you as though I have lost my best friend, please give me a gentle hug and remind me that March will be over soon and that there will be another March next year.

Please take a moment of silence to give honor to my beloved Cats and what they have accomplished and what they will accomplish again......soon I hope!!


No comments:

Post a Comment