March 29, 2009

A Delay in Construction

I know...I know...two posts in one day! How crazy can I get?

But I just wanted to fill you in on the progress of the waterfall/pond/hole-o-water. Last weekend the weather was so nice and Dano decided to start in and fulfill my heart's desire to have a waterfall next to the gazebo. Well after discussion and compromise, he dug the hole that was to soon be my pond where a small waterfall would trickle into. I was excited!!! We covered the hole with the liner and filled it to the brim with water. After a week of some heavy rain, the hole-o-water runneth over to say the least.

THIS weekend...yesterday to be exact.....he shows up after work with a pick-up full of rock that will need to be strategically placed in and around the hole-o-water. Here is what went down as he walks into the house:

Dano: "You want to come out here and help unload this rock?"

Me: "It's 30 degrees outside."

Dano: "I know, but I got the truck from work and the yard was solid enough to drive on."

Me: "But it's 30 degrees outside. And there is a winter storm warning."

Dano: "Fine, I will do it myself then."

So, in the interest of marital bliss, I donned my ear muffs, gloves, and winter coat and went outside in the wind and the 30 degree weather to help unload the rock.

Now before you get all gushy and think that Dano just wanted to make sure that the hole-o-water transformed into the beautiful waterfall/pond in time for the spring weather hear how the next conversation went down as we are standing outside in the 30 degree weather with the wind whipping around our ears and the cold, cold water is splashing up with each shovel of rock that is tossed into the overflowing hole.

Me: "Why did you decide to do this today when it was so cold?'

Dano: "What do you want me to do? Wait until it is 70 or 75 degrees and do it when there is other stuff I could be doing.....like golf?"

Yes, that's right, there we were working on our landscaping as the sleet and snow began to pepper down and the icy winds blowing right through us and the frigid droplets of water from the hole-o-water splattering us like ice pellets all for the sake of golf.

So where we stand as of right now, we have a snow covered hole-o-rock (he pumped out most of the water so we could better distribute the rock) and a mound-o-rock that is waiting to be spread in and around the soon to be a beautiful, cascade of clear H2O falling with the sound of peaceful serenity into the natural setting of Lake Frozen Toe.

Stay tuned for future updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment