April 12, 2009

He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!

He is risen! The tomb is empty! He Lives!!

Christmas in its miraculous splendor was only the beginning, the best was not to be realized until almost 33 years later after three days of great anguish, sorrow, pain, suffering, mourning, and hopelessness. Not until the third day when the tomb was discovered empty and the One who had come to save the world had won the battle over sin's grip on humanity was the reality of what the birth of that baby really meant to the fallen world.

It's the empty tomb that allows me to say I am forgiven. Its the empty tomb that allows me to say the debt of my sin is washed clean by the blood of the one who is no longer in the tomb. Its the empty tomb that offers the hope of salvation to every person willing to accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the Risen Savior as a gift of mercy.

He lives...He is Risen....I am Saved.

I hope that today has been a blessing to you. It has for me. My children were all here this weekend and have now all gone their separate ways to their separate homes to live their separate lives. But just for a few days, they were all here together. I don't take these times for granted for one moment.

I have lots to share about all the things we got to do together, but for now I will just leave you with a picture of Easter present!!


No comments:

Post a Comment