April 08, 2009

Put on Your Easter Bonnet


Easter 1963
Me and my basket!


Easter is just a few days away. There is still time to get out and get that extra special Easter frock. I don't know if we were rich or poor when I was growing up. Didn't know if I missed out on anything that all the other kids had or not. But I do know that every Easter we were guaranteed a new Easter outfit. I even remember one my mom made for me when I was 12 or 13.

I continued that tradition when I had children. Every year Chris would get a new suit, the girls would get a new dress, a bonnet, gloves and white patent leather shoes. And of course new hair doos. The pink sponge rollers had to go in about 3:00 Saturday afternoon in order for the hair to be good and dry by Sunday School time the next morning. Oh how I miss those days. But I am sure Chris would rather die than let me pick out his Easter duds. And the hair.....my girls would tie my hands behind my back and put me down with a strong sedative before they would even let me near their hair with sponge rollers. But I am thrilled to have them all home this weekend to celebrate Easter with me. I will take them with their unmatching, non-frilly outfits. I don't even care if they don't wear bows in their hair. I will just remember them the way the were and love them for the way they are.



Easter 1955
Danny's family minus Danny---He didn't come along for another 4 months



Easter 1983
Chris and Elizabeth





Easter 1985
Still only Chris and Elizabeth




Easter 1988
Ta Da!! Chris, Elizabeth and Stephanie



Easter 1989
Will they ever forgive me?

Happy Easter to All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment