April 17, 2009

Oh How I DON'T Miss Bowling

Last weekend when we weren't eating cake, we were eating out! Usually when the kids are home I try to cook at least once or twice but I just didn't have it in me this time. I did make Lynn Wades Amazing Cheese Soup for their Easter After Church Farewell Gotta Get On The Road Dinner and it was good and not nearly as time consuming as the typical ham, potatoes, deviled eggs, salad, two vegetable, dinner rolls and Paula Deen dessert kind of meal that I would have liked to prepare!

So it ended up that we were very International this visit.
Wednesday when Steph got here we had Fiesta Cancun. I tried the Tacos Carnita's and it is now my favorite thing there. You just can't go wrong with pork!
Thursday, Elizabeth and Rob didn't get in until later so we went to Chili's before they got here. Friday, after Chris and Kelly got in, we went to Thai Basil. I had the Shrimp and Asparagus and Mushroom Trio and I give it a big thumbs up.
Saturday, after the shower Chris wanted to try a Moroccan Bistro we have in town for his birthday dinner, but we heard some bad reviews so we opted for his second choice San Jose. I know Mexican two nights in one week, but you just can't go wrong with tacos, burritos and quesadillas. Because it was Chris' birthday he got a free dessert and of course he had to wear the obligatory sombrero and so did everyone else that sat at his booth. (We had to sit a different booths because they were so busy.)

Then after dinner, for entertainment we went bowling. Let me fill you in on the root cause of my deep seated hatred of bowling. When Dano and I started dating he was on two or three bowling leagues and either because of his deep love for me or his attempt to demonstrate his masculinity, he always wanted me there. So because I was young, in love, and wasn't old enough to drive yet, I went and sat through endless hours of strikes, spares, splits and pick-ups (bowling pins, not me!). So here I was back in the bowling gallery again. And let me just say that the bowling atmosphere has not changed one iota since the mid 1970's.

It was fun to see the kids trying out their bowling gene's that was passed on to them through their father's gene pool. So with these last pictures, we close the chapter on Easter Weekend '09. It was a fun filled weekend of Baby Showers, Birthday's, Bowling and Blessings!

Dano The Bowling Legend

Liz the Budding Bowler

Steph does the bowling dance.

Chris contemplates what color ball to use next.


Rob takes this next attempt at a spare very seriously.

This is what you do when you can't bowl, you don't have your own car, and you are in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment