May 08, 2009

Welcome To My Home-Living/Family Room Edition

Here we are at week two of the Show Us Where You Live Tour hosted by Kelly at Kelly's Korner.

This week it is Living and Family Rooms. I have both but really only use one. So come on in and take a look. You are always welcome here!


This is the Living Room as looking from the Dining Room.



And this is from the entry way looking to the left.



We were actually looking into having the wall behind the couch knocked out and have it all open with just one great room kind of thing. But, with the economy so uncertain we decided to hold off on that.


This is my favorite piece in the living room.
It is a little glass table that holds lots of little treasures.



This is the family room as looking from the entry way.
The rocking chair to the right of the fireplace was "retrieved"
from the trash by my Dad and refinished.


This a view as standing in the kitchen door.


The wall behind the couch is the wall we want to knock out.


This is my my grandmother's hope chest. My dad found it buried
in a pile of junk while he was cleaning out an old shed and refinished it.


This is an old pie safe my Dad found in someones barn. He pulled it out and refinished it. The tin covers on the front had to be replaced, the tin on the sides are original. The quilts on the floor and on the top are all passed down from family members. There are a few more, but those are on our beds still cause it still chilly here at night!



This is what I keep inside. I don't know if you can see but on the top and middle shelves on the left are some mason jars of canned goods that were put up by my Grandmother. She has been gone now for about 20 years so I don't think I would want to sample them!! I also keep the rest of my cookbooks there along with some other keepsakes and what nots.

Thanks for stopping by and come back next week to find out what room we will be visiting then!

No comments:

Post a Comment