May 01, 2009

Welcome to My Home- Kitchen Edition

Ok, I admit it, I am a peeping tom. Not the naughty kind. But the kind that if you are so inclined to leave your curtains open, then I am so inclined to look inside as I drive by. I am not looking at you! That would be perverted. I am looking at your walls and trying to see your furniture. If it is a large picture window without any kind of a blind or sheer obstructing my view, and I can spy a knick knack or two, I am tickled to death.

But Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner, has made it so much easier. (FYI, this is not MY Kelly, this is a different Kelly.) She is hosting a Show Us Where You Live Friday. Every Friday she will have pictures of a certain room in her house and ask you to link up and show pictures of your home. This week it is kitchens.

So, here ya go. Take a look at my kitchen. And you don't even have to drive by slowly, I will even give you some close up shots!!

When you have peeped into my kitchen, go back up and click on the blue Show Us Where You Live link and it will take you to Kelly's blog. Then at the bottom of her post are almost 200 other kitchens you can look in on. Just think of the gas we are saving by not having to drive around and sneak peeks into these rooms!

This is looking from the dining room.
Sorry, it's kind of dark.

On either side of the sliding glass door that goes out to the deck, there are
two small walls. On one side I made this shadow box that has some of the spoons, forks
and knives that my kids used when they were babies and toddlers.
Each kid had their own special place setting. One was Mickey Mouse, one was
Sesame Street and one was Strawberry Shortcake.

I don't know if you can tell but all of the spoons from those sets are missing.
They all got thrown out when the kids would empty their cereal bowls into the trash,
spoons and all. I lost so many spoons that way.

This is the other side. The bowl with the yellow flowers belonged to my Great Aunt Elfie.
It is sitting on a small bookcase with just a few of my cookbooks.
The three pictures on the small wall on the other side of the sliding glass door are pictures of the three kids in their own kitchens. (I bet they have all THEIR spoons.)


The view from the sliding glass door looking into the dining room.


The chicken is an antique that my dad gave me and it is where I keep my salt.
I like to throw a pinch in here and there, it makes me feel like Rachael Ray!
The salt and pepper shakers were my mother-in-laws.

This is an antique desk and an old crock that my dad found.
He and my brother used to have a small antique business.
Somehow all his good finds managed to find their way into my house!


The sink.

The rolling pin was my mother-in-laws.
The sifter belonged to my grandmother.

I hope you enjoyed the tour. Come back next week and see what room we will be featuring!

5 comments:

  1. You must have a penchant for antiques! I like the magnetic spice rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your decor of old family stuff. And I may have to steal your idea of shadowboxing the kids utensils. Very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and "peeking" into my kitchen! I'm like you, I LOVE to look into peoples windows and see their homes. I LOVED the idea of the shadow box of the kids utensils and the pic of them in their kitchens!! How clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally enjoyed your tour! Your explanation on being a peeping Tom made me laugh and I absolutely LOVE that you keep your salt in a chicken.

    Thanks for sharing your kitchen! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the chicken where you keep your salt....what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete